Sunday, May 2, 2010

Friends

Jim has buddies stay the night at my house once in a while. I'm more than happy to have his friends here for a day or three. The boys use the basketball court I built for Jim in the backyard, play video games, check facebook, watch movies, talk about girls and eat and eat and eat. Most of the boys have known me for a long time. Last night Jim had a friend stay over. I took them to eat dinner and was pleasantly surprised when his friend Cal thanked me for dinner AND the ride to dinner. Even Jim seemed more relaxed. They did all of the above required teenage things, then went to sleep. Cal had to go home early the next morning. We all jump up at 8:30am, pjs still on; hair a mess. It was "too early" quite in the car but Cal thanked me for getting up so early to drive him home, thanked me for letting him spend the night and thanked me for 'dinner' AGAIN. This is quite the contrast to Jim's other friends that have to be reminded to ''thank' me, reminded to be respectful and are very self-focused [but good kids]. Choose wisely; our "friends" should help civilize us and uplift the human experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment