Friday, February 18, 2011

Books

TJ gets settled down by being read to. We like to read books that have a bike theme in them. 'Bear on a Bike' by Stella Blackstone is cute but, I think there are too many images on each page. 'Duck on a Bike' by David Shannon has a semi cute story and great pictures but, it condones 'borrowing' something that is not yours without permission. We also like 'Bertie and Small and the Fast Bike Ride' by Vanessa Cabban. Cute story, great size, wonderful pictures but, 'Bertie" rides over the 'desert' through the 'meadow', around the 'world' edge of 'forest' and around the 'mountain'. I don't know about you but, I think baby should learn about dirt before he learns about desert. He can learn about mountains, meadows, and forests later when he is already familiar with dirt pile, grass, and trees. I just change the words to suit me...........he can't read yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment