Sunday, July 8, 2012

Page 24) June 18, 1999

Today we play 'go fish' with Rekha.  You play as well as a six year old. I'm very proud of you for learning how to play cards at 3 years old.
July 1999
We were playing 'go fish' today and you said,' GG, do you have a '9'?"  "Sorry, go fish," I said.  "Let me see your cards," you said. "No," I said.  "It's a secret."  "Please, let me see your cards." You didn't believe me that I didn't have a nine in my hand.
Aug 1999
We went on vacation together 'up north' at Mullet Lake.  You didn't want to go on vacation because you didn't know what 'vacation' was.  We stayed with Aunt Kathryn, Uncle Craig, Devin and Rekha.  One day we drove through Mackinaw City over the 'Mighty Mac Bridge' and crossed the U.P. to Soo Saint Marie to see the 'Soo Locks'. We took a boat through the Locks.  We had a great time on vacation and you wanted to stay. K-mart called while we were on vacation.  They wanted you for a modeling job.
Sept. 1999
You have a big bruise on your forehead, so I call your mom at work.  She gets the ok to take you to emergency.
GG, "we have to get dressed so we can go and see your mom."
K, "at work?"
GG, " no, at the hospital."
K, "what's wrong with my mom?"
GG, "nothing sweety, we need to take a picture [x-ray] of you head."
K, "I don't want a picture of my head."
You are my very precious boy!
Sept 1999
You recognize all your numbers with a little help, 87,56,28,92 etc.
You help GG grocery shop.
GG, " don't drop the apples into the cart."
Sports are your favorite thing.
"Kenzie, what did you like best about your vacation?"
K, " football, basketball, tennis, baseball."
The bigger - harder the baseball bat, the more you like it.
Mom lined up all your video movie tapes on top of my dresser. You were choosing one to watch [from about ten].  "GG, 'Parent Trap' is backward."  You noticed that one title was facing in a different direction.
You and I were playing baseball and I was the batter and you were the pitcher.  I hit a long high ball over your head and you said "what a woman!" LOL
You and Kelli start 'pre-school' this month.  "GG, may we walk to school?"
The first day we drove because we had so much stuff.  Your teacher is 'Mrs. Oats'
We went to 'railroad days' at Greenfield Village again the year.  This is a very special event for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment