Sunday, July 15, 2012

Page 25) Oct. 19, 1999

Twice this week, when Kelli went for a nap, you wanted to read [tell] the stories to her.  You 'read' 'Just A Rainy Day' 'Just A Nap' ' I Just Forgot' 'All By Myself' 'The New Potty' all by Mercer Mayer.  I am so proud of you.  You are Grandma's wonderful boy!
When I lick my finger to clean your face, you wipe off the wet spot and say "parasite". I about cracked up the first time I heard you say 'parasite.'
One day at preschool we were waiting with the children and mothers in the lobby.  Kenzie with toy gun, "see."  Replied GG, "your teacher is going to yell at you for bringing a gun to school." You sat quietly, thinking for a minute, "my teacher is not a screamer."  All the moms were very surprised at your answer and one even said, "boy is he smart!"
Mama was talking a long time on the phone to GG and you wanted to talk to me.  She kept saying "wait." you cried a whole 30 minutes.  When she finally gave you the phone you were sobbing, " Grandma, Grandma, will, will you buy me a guitar?"  "Yes sweetheart, I will."  [I did].
Oct, 21 1999
Today we were playing baseball. I was the batter and you were the pitcher pretending to be 'Henry Rowengartner' from the movie 'The Rookie'.  Your pitching is getting great. I hit a line drive right to your mouth.  "Grandma!" you cried.  I hugged and kissed you and told you I was sorry.  You were sitting on my lap and said, "Henry Rowengartner is crying."  Such a precious boy!
Nov. 13, 1999
This morning you told me," if Kit Kit falls out of the window [upstairs], I will jump out the window and throw her back up.  Then I will run around the house to the door and call 'Grandma'."
Nov 1, 1999
You started 'Montessori' school this morning.  You go Mon, Wed, & Fri.  You like having two schools.  'Topsy Toddler' co-op preschool Tues & Thur.
At 3 1/2 you like baseball, football, hockey, soccer, golf, trains, 'Blue's Clues', 'Pokamon', Beanie Babies', your Silky, mac & cheese, candy, cats, tennis, the computer, Charles Stumpf, Leann Beals, Dallas, Karly, Mrs. Oats, singing, the guitar, and 'Teletubbies'.

No comments:

Post a Comment