Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It is so warm in NC

Yes it was cold. Yes it did get windy cold. Yes I had to clean frost off my car windows before I could go anywhere. BUT... it has been warm/sort of hot, for so long that it feels like summer has been here for a long time. I'm sure this feeling is just a northern person thing. I can't wrap it around my head, that it is still just SPRING! Oh my! I may just get tired of summer. Bite my tongue. I never thought I would say THAT. Summer always seemed too short. By the time it was 4th of July, it was half gone. Don't get me started on summer solstice. I liked summer better when I was a kid and new nothing about the longest/shortest daylight time of year. The days of shorter daylight starting JUNE 22nd, seems like a cruel trick. TJ and I went to the apartment pool today for the first time. He was bundled up in a swim vest and had a difficult time just walking up and down two steps - with a hand rail. Dang, the bathtub is more fun. No intense sunshine, no sunscreen, no too deep water, NO CLOTHES, and lots of toys and markers to draw on the tub/skin. Luckily a pretty young woman, volunteered to rescue the toy dump truck that TJ decided to throw further out into the water than I wanted to go. TJ must have said a dozen 'thank yous' to the savior. I think he was really hoping that she would follow him home. TJ and Mack both luv women/girls. Mack's first crush was Wendy in the 'Sandlot' movie. Wendy was a life guard and cute. Mack was 2 or 2 1/2 when he had his first crush. In Kindergarten, he gave Hannah a ring. So sweet. TJ started his first day at 'Play Room' at the YMCA today. No separation anxiety. Yeh

No comments:

Post a Comment