Friday, May 11, 2012

With luv from India..

There are many Indian families living in my apartment complex.  I have met 2 young mothers, Priya and Srividya.  Pryia has two daughters Honey [3] and Harshita 22 months.  Harshita is going to the same preschool as TJ in September.  Srividya has a 2 1/2 yr old boy and is expecting her next baby any day now. Her son, Ashwad, is also going to the same preschool. TJ will have two friends in his class.  That will make things easier for him.  He seems to understand that he is going to preschool.  The giants in his life are talking about it.  Pryia cooked some fried rice for me.  She made it not too spicy......... ooohhh my mouth was hot.  Tom and Jes would like it.  Their cooking is too spicy for me. Pryia and Srividya are not from the same Indian state and can only talk to each other in English!
TJ has been singing songs to himself.  They must be stuck in his head.  Twinkle twinkle little star, Intsy bitsy spider, This old man, Rockin Robin and just today - Bingo. TJ counted 21, 22, etc to 29.  He is aware of 'thinking'.  I asked him where his Auntie San was.... "I'm thinking" he said.  TJ stood on a stool and said, "skateboard". He is getting really great at 'pretending' and making up stories for his cars, trucks and trains.  When I wanted to diaper him, after his bath, he said, " diaper on baby doll".  Baby doll had taken a bath with him.  Then he wanted to give her 'milk'.  I didn't know where her baby bottle was.  His baby doll is a girl.  TJ asks me to read the book, "Things that Go" all the time. 
Garage sales tomorrow.................... last week I bought a pair of toddler girls boots made by Stride Rite for $1, took a picture of them and listed them 'for sale' on Ebay.  The bid is up to $26.50.  I luv this hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment