Friday, June 15, 2012

Catch!

Seems like throwing things is getting out of hand with my 2 year old Hunny Bunny [TJ]. I made TJ worry about my being mad at him, when I scolded him for throwing his red wooden stool. I certainly don't want that little boy worried about my love for him. Scolding seems like a loss of llove to him. After I reaffirmed that I loved him, TJ said "are you happy now?" A better way to handle throwing things, is to just remove the projectile and let him know that tossing anything besides a ball is not acceptable; all said and done without a hint of crossness. Anger is never a good option. The crazy thing is that I DID remove the 3 lbs hand weight that TJ was chucking [ it even made a dent in the faux wood floor] and put it up on the mantel where it was out of harms way. GG, " you drop that thing on your toe, and you will cry for a long time." I should have just removed the stool [and the truck] as smoothly as I removed the dumbbell. I have even been keeping Lily [my dog] away from TJ, because he can't resist pulling her tail. He loves to hug her, but it leads to pulling on parts of her that she doesn't want pulled.

No comments:

Post a Comment