Wednesday, March 30, 2011

By this time tomorrow.

My family will be here in less than 24 hours. Thursday - the day before Dee and Jay arrive for TJ's first birthday. First birthdays are more for the parents than the baby. The baby has no idea what a birthday is. The parents need to celebrate that they and baby have survived one year. It's nice to have family participate in such a momentous occasion. We should think of a new name for first birthday...........'celebrate one year of parenthood'. Too much to write on the cake? I'll take my cake white flour free - low fat- dairy free- sugar free......got to watch that cholesterol. My friend lived to 101 and I don't think she EVER had her blood tested for cholesterol. She ate margarine her whole life, and other assorted non food items like white bread and sugar. Heart disease seems like a minor illness compared to obesity. Although they go hand in hand. I have been a vegetarian for 21 years. I was hoping it was like getting a 'Get Out of Jail Free' card. Unfortunately, I have also been cursed with a raging sweet tooth. Every time I get on the wagon [sugar free] one little sweet treat, no matter how small, will push me right off the wagon and run me over with it. Life is not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment